If you’re like most people in the Denver area, you’ve been staring at the rooms in your house for a while…and it sounds like you might be for a little while longer. Now that you’re kind of a captive audience to your décor I have one question for you:
Do you like it?
It might seem odd to think about interior design during such a tumultuous time, but it’s really not. We all need a space that we feel is our own and now many of us have the time to work on it.
I know what you’re thinking. “But Michelle – I can’t even go shopping. How am I going to redecorate my home?”
Easy. I’m going to help you!
On the new Ku Interior Design website, you’ll see that I offer a DIY option called the Renew Package. This allows you to get expert interior design support while remaining in complete control of your project. Here’s how it will work:
- We’ll meet over Zoom and discuss your project.
- I’ll instruct you on what needs to be measured and photographed.
- We’ll discuss your vision and coordinate a plan.
- I’ll create all the plans and elevations needed, select the products for the project, and develop a visual display so you can get a better feel for the space.
- We’ll create the final plan, including outlining the trades and products you’ll need, most of which you’ll be able to coordinate and order online when you’re ready.
But Why Would I Do This NOW?
As I mentioned above, we could all use a pick-me-up and something to look forward to during this time. However, there are several more good reasons why this is the perfect time for a redesign:
- Because you will be doing the measuring and taking the photographs (with my input and instruction), I’m waiving my usual $500 consultation fee for this package.
- The stock market is down…and so are interest rates. This is a great time to borrow money and invest it in your home.
- You’ll help the community by investing in goods and services. Many tradespeople out there would love to earn some income; even if you’re not booking with them now due to social distancing, booking them for a future project would be beneficial to you both!
As I write this blog, please know that I don’t take the situation we’re all in lightly. However, I do believe that it’s uplifting to have a project and feel good in your space. Working on your home could give you and your family a much-needed lift and something to work on together. You might even inspire some young interior designers!
**PLEASE NOTE: The $500 consultation fee will only be waived during the shelter-in-place directives.